Homeowners Insurance Quote Forms
Looking for coverage? Click any of the following links to submit a quote for quick, accurate and affordable rates.
Homeowners Insurance Information
Homeowners insurance doesn’t just protect the roof over your head—it can also provide financial protection if you or your family are held liable for someone else’s property damage or injury. Read on to learn what homeowners insurance covers and how much it costs.
At Carolina Capital Ins Group, we understand the importance of securing the right policy for your home. Contact us for a free homeowners insurance quote today.
What Is Homeowners Insurance?
A homeowners insurance policy is a binding agreement between you and your home insurance company. In exchange for your premiums, your insurer agrees to provide coverage for personal liability claims and property damage from covered perils.
Most homeowners insurance policies typically include the following coverages:
- Personal liability coverage may pay for costs (e.g., lost wages, medical bills, legal fees) associated with claims that you caused property damage or bodily injury to a third party.
- Dwelling coverage may cover property damage to the structure of your home by a covered peril.
- Other structures coverage may pay for repairs or replacements after covered events to detached structures on your property (e.g., detached garage, gazebo).
- Personal property coverage may pay to repair or replace your personal possessions if they are damaged or destroyed due to a covered peril.
- Additional living expenses may pay for your living expenses (e.g., meals, hotel stays) if covered property damage forces you to leave your home temporarily.
Structural damage to your home or personal property damage that occurs as a result of flooding is not usually covered under a homeowners insurance policy. If you live in a high-risk flood zone, you could benefit from a separate flood insurance policy.
Call Carolina Capital Ins Group today to ask an insurance agent if you have sufficient coverage for your home.
Is Homeowners Insurance Required?
Homeowners insurance isn’t mandated by law. However, many mortgage lenders will require proof of home insurance in order for you to receive a loan. Even when home insurance is not required, many homeowners purchase it to protect themselves from out-of-pocket costs associated with rebuilding their home or replacing their possessions.
How Much Does Homeowners Insurance Cost?
Your home insurance premiums will vary with numerous factors. When determining the cost of insuring your home, your insurance company may consider the following variables:
- Home characteristics (e.g., age, building materials)
- Coverage limits and amounts
- Claims history
Insurance Options for Mobile Homes
If you own a factory-built home (e.g., mobile, manufactured), you will likely need to purchase a specialized type of property insurance, known as mobile home insurance. Mobile home insurance typically includes many of the same coverages as home insurance (e.g., liability coverage, personal property coverage, dwelling coverage). But due to the structural differences between the two types of homes, insurance companies generally prefer to insure mobile homes under a policy that accounts for the different risks they face.
We’re here to help you find the right homeowners insurance for your needs. Contact Carolina Capital Ins Group to speak to an insurance agent today.
Getting Home Insurance
Finding the best homeowners insurance for your property may seem daunting. We’re here to help you through it. Call Carolina Capital Ins Group in Raleigh, North Carolina, for more information on the home insurance coverage we provide.